Boltr Foundation (NH Smart Solution & Surface Foundation) distributed the open-source Boltrswap protocol and distributes other software. While our code is in part available to download, review, and improve under open-source and source-available software licenses, none of our licenses include a license to use our trademarks and branding design. Proper use of our trademarks is essential to inform users whether or not Boltr stands behind a product or service. When using Boltrs’ trademarks, you must comply with these Boltr Trademark Guidelines. Just like other projects that develop open-source software, we must enforce our trademark rights to protect our users.
This policy covers all of our trademarks and services marks, whether they are registered or not, including, among others:
- Our word trademarks and service marks: BOLTRSWAP®, BOL™, and BOLTR™ (”Boltr Foundation wordmarks”).
- Boltr’s logo
- NH Smart Solution (Dev.)
- Surface Foundation (Mgt.)
You may do the following without receiving specific permission from Boltr Foundation:
- Use Boltr wordmarks in text to truthfully refer to and/or link to unmodified Boltr smart contracts, protocols, interfaces, programs, products, services and technologies (”Boltr software”).
- Use the Boltr wordmarks to truthfully describe modified versions of Boltrswap software that you may create or make available. For example, you may say ”This software is derived from Boltrswap software.” or ”This service uses software derived from Boltrswap software.”
- Use the Boltr logo in software or aggregators that integrate with Boltrswap software to truthfully refer to, and, where possible, link to the applicable Boltrswap software hosted on the KuCoin Community Chain.
- Use Boltr wordmarks to clearly signal to users that there is no affiliation with or endorsement by Boltr Foundation.
- Follow the terms of the open source licenses for Boltrswap software.
When allowed, how can I use a Boltr trademark?
- You must include a trademark attribution notice at the first or most prominent mention of the mark on a webpage, document or documentation, such as: ”[Boltr trademark] is a trademark of Boltr.”
- You may not change the logo except to scale it. If the logo is used, you must give the Boltr logo adequate spacing from the other elements on the webpage or document to ensure legibility and reduce the likelihood of confusion.
- You must always use the wordmarks in their exact form and with the correct spelling, neither abbreviated, hyphenated, nor combined with any other word or words.
- You must always use the Boltr wordmarks only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, or in plural or possessive forms.
- Instead, use the generic term for the Boltr product or service following the trademark.
- For example: Boltrswap protocol, Boltrswap interface, Sybil website.
- Don’t use our trademarks in anything dishonest or fraudulent.
- Our name is not your name. Don’t use Boltr trademarks in the name of your smart contract, interface, business, product, service, app, domain name, publication, or other offering.
- Don’t use our name for your products. Don’t apply Boltr trademarks to any product (e.g., a mobile app), unless such use is limited to a truthful and descriptive reference (e.g., ”Mobile App for trading on Boltrswap interface”).
- Don’t overemphasize our mark. Don’t display Boltr trademarks more prominently than your product, service, or company name.
- Don’t create or use confusingly similar names. Don’t use Boltr trademarks, logos, company names, slogans, domain names, or designs that are confusingly similar to Boltr trademarks, particularly in the name of your smart contract, interface, business, product, service, app, domain name, publication, or other offering.
- Don’t imply our sponsorship of your products. Don’t use Boltr trademarks in a way that incorrectly implies affiliation with, sponsorship, endorsement, or approval by Boltr of your products or services.For example, please do not name your project compatible with Boltrswap software Bol-[Something] or [Something]-swap.
- Don’t imply our sponsorship of your activities. Don’t use Boltr trademarks and logos, or confusingly similar trademarks or logos on social media accounts in a way that might suggest affiliation with Boltr or Boltrswap software; except if you’ve received prior permission from Boltr Foundation. For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community ”Boltrswap Protocol” or ”Boltr Team.” However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community ”Fans of Boltr” or ”Information about Boltrswap (Boltr)”.
- Don’t create swag with our marks. Don’t use Boltr trademarks on merchandise for sale (e.g., selling t-shirts, mugs, etc.) unless you have permission from Boltr.
- Don’t change or combine our marks. Don’t modify Boltr trademarks, abbreviate them, or combine them with any other symbols, words, or images, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan.
If you want to report misuse of a Boltr Labs trademark, please contact us at [email protected].